Job Opening | Chief Storyteller/Communications Director
Job Description: BlueRibbon Coalition is looking for a full time communications director who will help us develop innovative and effective ways to tell our story as we lead the fight to defend outdoor recreation access to public lands. A successful applicant will be someone who dreams of turning their love for seeking adventure in the great outdoors into a career. We will be looking for someone with extraordinary communication skills that include great writing, visual storytelling, and the ability to connect with different outdoor recreation communities. This position will involve creating social media content across all major platforms, developing a robust email marketing program, drafting fundraising solicitations, developing marketing materials for events and presentations, developing paid advertisement campaigns, managing press relations and building relationships with reporters, and spending time sharing adventures with our members and supporters in wide variety of outdoor recreation activities. Having a successful and far-reaching digital presence will be a huge advantage. As one of the few organizations leading the fight to protect the human need to seek adventure, we have an amazing story to tell. If you think you are the right person to tell this story, we want to hear from you.
Job Location: Wherever adventure takes you.
We are a national 501c3 non-profit that is headquartered in Idaho. Our current staff live in Idaho and Utah, and most of our work involves influencing public land policy, which – even though our scope is national – means a lot of work is focused in the western United States. We are primarily looking for someone who spends most of their time in the western United States. This will be a 100% remote work position and the perfect job for a digital nomad who loves exploring public land.
- Work with Executive Director, Board, and Policy Team to develop communications strategy and marketing campaigns for our biggest projects.
- Build our brand on all social media platforms through the creation of great, original content – Currently includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked In, Tik-Tok, Youtube, and our Defend Your Ground Podcast.
- Build and maintain relationships with reporters, influencers, other non-profit organizations, and community groups to help us share our story.
- Create content on a WordPress website.
- Develop and maintain a robust email marketing program.
- Produce well-designed and consistently branded print marketing materials.
- Draft successful fundraising copy
- An Adobe Creative Suite Ninja (or similar tools for digital content creation).
- Storytelling – both visual and written
- Either proven experience or college degree in a Marketing/Communications related field.
- 3+ years experience in a Marketing/Communications related field.
- Experience with MailChimp or similar email marketing platforms.
- Experience with paid advertising platforms is a plus.
- Active participation in the outdoor recreation lifestyle – the broader the experience the better, and it is important to understand that our most significant support comes from outdoor recreation users who enjoy motorized recreation and power sports.
- We know this is a dream job for someone. For the right person this work won’t feel like work. You’ll be paid to do something you enjoy and make a huge impact on the world. We want someone who will be self-motivated, who will stretch boundaries and innovate, and succeeds because they’re deeply committed to our mission.
$3,750/month at 30 hours per week.
Tech allowance $500/year for devices and monthly allowance for internet connection.
Travel Cost Reimbursements. Up to $1,000/month.
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Portfolio containing best representations of your ability to create digital content. The best portfolios will show mastery of composition, visual storytelling, branding, technical proficiency, and creativity.
- 800-1200 word writing sample that demonstrates your ability to turn an outdoor recreation experience into a meaningful story.
Please send application materials to email@example.com