Idaho Over Snow Vehicle
Lawsuits threaten IMMEDIATE CLOSURE of OHV trails!
Please help us defend trails against aggressive environmentalist attack.
Anti-snowmobile interests led by the Winter Wildlands Alliance have launched a significant challenge to snowmobile access on Forest Service lands. BlueRibbon has risen to help the Forest Service and snowmobile community meet the challenge.
The suit was filed in late November, 2011 and primarily targets the “snowmobile exemption” in the Forest Service 2005 Travel Management Rule. BlueRibbon has played some role in virtually every case interpreting the Travel Management Rule and has unparalleled experience in federal district courts, circuit courts of appeal and the U.S. Supreme Court with the procedural and jurisdictional issues that could determine the outcome of this case. BlueRibbon filed a motion to intervene on January 17, 2012. That motion was granted on February 9, 2012. Also on February 9th the Idaho State Snowmobile and American Council of Snowmobile Associations moved to intervene. Based on an eventual stipulation by all parties, the ISSA/ACSA motion was granted on March 5, 2012. BlueRibbon and ISSA/ACSA have agreed to coordinate their efforts and file a single combined opposition brief and single combined reply brief on the merits.
A WWA victory could have Forest-system wide implications for snowmobiling. The wave of planning potentially necessitated by that outcome could affect wheeled vehicles and other Forest system visitors. The recreation community (and hopefully the agency) must take this case seriously.
Briefing has been completed in this matter, and oral argument on the merits is set for November 14, 2012 in U.S. District Court in Boise.
- #1 - Complaint.11-29-11
- #3-1 - Memorandum in Support.01-17-12.pdf
- #4 - Declaration of Kay Lloyd.01-17-12.pdf
- #30 - Stipulation for Intervention.03-02-12.pdf
- #40-1 - Brief in Support of MSJ.05-18-12.pdf
- #42 - Memo in Opp re (#40) MSJ filed by US Forest 6-20-12.pdf
- #50 - Ints MSJ memo.06-27-12.pdf
- #56 - WWA Reply to Response of US Forest Service 07.13.12.pdf
- #57 - WWA Reply to Response of Defendant-Intervenor 07.13.12.pdf
- #58 - USFS Reply to Response to Cross MSJ 08.03.12.pdf
- #59 - Intervenors Reply to Response to Cross MSJ 08.03.12.pdf
- #63 - Memorandum Decision and Order 03.29.13.pdf